Wednesday, February 08, 2006

We're expecting a GIRL!



Sorry I haven't added anything in awhile. Today I finally got internet service at the new house. Also today we found out that our baby is a girl! At this morning's doctor visit the nurses snuck me in for an extra sonogram 3 weeks early just to see if we could determine the sex. I know now why they make these people spend so much time in school because I couldn't tell one way or the other. But apparently, it is pretty obvious to them. These pictures aren't nearly as cool as seeing it in real life. She moves and kicks and opens and closes her mouth. Strange thing that I can't feel it. The picture on the left you can see she looks like skelator, and the picture on the right was just a really cute shot of her feet! I am so excited to see that things are coming along fine. The other sonogram just looked like a pea, now we can tell there really IS a baby inside me. I have been a little worried because I have only gained 7 pounds and one extra inch around my belly. I keep reading that I will be feeling her moving soon too, but I haven't. I feel a lot of peace now after seeing this sonogram.
Oh, and we are definite on the name now.....Lillian Claire
My great great grandma was named Lillian, and we just liked Claire. We'll call her Lilly.
That is of course as long as she really IS a girl. My dad said that all the nurses and doctors were sure that my brother David was a girl too until he came out....SUPRISE!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Congratulations! That is a beautiful name. I guess I can't give you guys any of my cute baby gap clothes. That is so exciting, it seems like just yesterday I was going to my sonogram to see what I was having. I swear it still didn't even seem real to me then either. It didn't hit me until I saw his little face. It goes by so fast. Enjoy your pregnancy. Yeah, I felt Deo move early - I think about 4 months. I was laying in bed very still and it felt like flutters. That was such a beautiful part of pregnancy. Are you planning anything special (natural or birthing center) for your birth?
I made a blog for Deo
www.hellodeo.blogspot.com
Take Care!