Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Silver Lining

Monday morning I woke up and it was NOT a good day. I had stayed up late the night before paying bills and balancing the checkbook so I was tired and feeling depressed about how broke we are right now.

So, to make matters even more depressing I needed to go get tampons and not only do I not have any money, but my stupid car is broken down again. I dumped a couple handfulls of quarters in my pocket and strapped Lily into the bike trailer.

About halfway to Walgreens I realized something. I wouldn't trade this for the world! All morning I had been dragging around depressed for all the wrong reasons. We could totally have more money in the bank and a good car to drive but I'd have to give up this life to do it.

It is January and Lily and I are riding along the deserted sidewalks of our safe neighborhood wearing shorts and tanktops while all everyone else is stuck at a job. On the way back from the store we stopped off at the park.

I'm glad I'm broke.

1 comment:

Shane G. said...

I would have to say congrats, and know that you aren't in that boat alone. It can be a struggle to take a step back and be thankful for what we have. Lily is adorable~