Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pergnancy update

I haven't been really good at the pregnancy updates this go 'round. I did a craft show yesterday and everyone kept asking me how far along I was, I didn't know the answer! I know my due date, July 31. Sad, I know how much time is LEFT rather than how far along.
Well, I figured it out this morning, I'm 28 weeks.
My belly measures 39" around (non-prego measurement is about 30")
I've gained 20 lbs
I feel ok, I get tired quickly and feel like a cow. I've got the killer heartburn again and my belly button turned inside out again and again, bothers me when things touch it. I'm pretty sure that it will NOT go back to looking normal afterward. oh well.
My veins are my biggest issue. They have gotten so bad in my left leg that they hurt even before I get out of bed. I've ordered some compression tights but am not convinced that it will help. My doctor just says to put my feet up but that doesn't seem to help anymore. She gave me a name of a cardiovascular doc to see for treatment after the baby is born. She said that they can't do anything now because more than likely it will mean surgery. I think I'm gonna go see him now anyway just to discuss some things that I can do to relieve the pain. It is really making me miserable.
I had Ross take these pictures last night after a very very long day, my face looks terrible, but you can see how huge I am.

This morning Lily decided that she was going to dress herself. I often let her pick out her own clothes, but this morning was especially funny. You can't tell much by the pic, but that hat is flowered too. I think I'll let her wear this for awhile but will change her before we go to a birthday party... this is a little TOO independent for me.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

Aww, you look great!

becky said...

I think you look beautiful!!! BUT...I understand the "cow" feeling & am so ready for this little guy to be born. This pregnancy has been really hard on me physically & I'm ready!!!! Are you having another C-section?