Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pics with my new camera & first haircut

Daddy sent me a new camera to take pictures of Eric because my old camera (the one he bought me when Lily was born) was not doing so well. The battery door was broken and it took a minute or so of fiddling just to make it snap one picture. Not very effective when trying to take photos of children!
So, the day it arrived my feet were very swollen and Marje offered to give me a foot massage. I was like a queen sitting on the couch getting my feet rubbed while I played with my new camera.
Awhile back Lily and I layed on the bed and took self portraits so now every time I tell her that I want to take pictures of her she wants to go lay on my bed and take self-portraits

Every time Marje sits down to her computer to check her email or anything, Lily pulls her chair up next to her so she can look at pictures. I think she thinks that is all we do on computers is look at pictures and play on www.pbskids.org
We decided that it was time for Lily to get her first haircut. Being that we are cheapskates and I cut Ross's hair and only get mine cut twice a year at Supercuts, Lily gets the at-home-ghetto-cut too. She liked all the attention and I barely cut anything except for evening up the ends a little. It looks good though, nice and healthy.
We cancelled Lily's birthday party on Saturday because she had been not feeling well since Monday. She hadn't eaten much all week and even though she wasn't vomiting anymore, she started having diarrhea so we were afraid that she may be dehydrated. We took her to the ER Saturday morning and they have her some anti-nausea meds and she perked up immediately and ate a banana. Saturday she was up and down all day alternating between being lethargic and being herself.
At one point when she was feeling good we had cake and did the candles and everything.
She helped me decorate the cake and requested that her cake have her name on it in Green. And, because we were planning for pizza for the party anyway, so we had pizza for dinner.

No comments: