Saturday, May 15, 2010

Easter

I just realized that I forgot to post the pictures from Easter... oops. So, here we go...
Aunt Charlotte sent me a newspaper from Huntsville when they did a Breast Cancer awareness issue and dyed the entire paper pink. I thought it was so cool so I saved it. I didn't know what I was going to do with it at first, but when Easter was coming around I decided that instead of dying eggs, we'd make paper mache eggs with this pink paper!

They came out really nice and Lily loved the project.
Easter Sunday...
I guess the Easter bunny thought that three teeth is enough to get a big chocolate bunny. Eric chewed on the box... Ross & I ate the chocolate.
The Easter Bunny left plastic eggs full of candy & chocolate all over the house and the yard. After we found all of them Lily and I went to Church.
It is kinda sad, but this was Lily's first time at church. My mom would be horrified. Well, she did go to church once before when we had her baptized but she didn't stay the whole time. She behaved so well. She sat on my lap most of the service, but was quiet and although she was bored, she kept still. They invited all the kids to the front for a children's lesson and I figured that she wouldn't want to go being that she is so shy and we were towards the back in a pretty big church, but another mom asked her if she wanted to go and surprisingly, she said yes and jumped up and followed the other little girl. It was funny because after it was over, I guess she wasn't listening when they said to go back to your seats because she just sat there after all the other kids had gone. I had to stand up and wave her back over to me. The sermon was of course about Easter, but they related everything about butterflies and gave all the kids butterfly lollipops.

After the service, as we were leaving the church, they gave everyone a box with a real butterfly inside. Everyone gathered around and released them at the same time. It was fabulous.

After church, we went picked up the boys and went to the beach.
right after tickle time.

2 comments:

Auntie said...

I love looking at your blog especially the Easter article. I especially love the red and white dress you have on. Did you make it? The kids are really growing up fast and we would love to see all of you. Maybe all of you could come for a visit very soon. I love you. Aunt Linda

Shelley said...

Love you too Aunt Linda. No, didn't make the dress, it was a very very cheap one from Target.