Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Mothers Day is always a little bitter sweet for me. I love that I get a holiday, but it always makes me a little sad that my mom isn't around anymore. I usually take the day off from being a mom and do something by myself. This year I only half did that. We spent the first half of the day at the beach. Eric is getting to the age where the beach is fun. It is still a little work to keep him from eating all the sand, but it is worth it.
Butterfly world does a mother's day special and lets moms in for free. I took advantage of this on Saturday. I had been wanting to take Lily there for awhile now but it is very expensive so I'd been putting it off. I am so glad that we got to go. Lily is at such a great age for this. She was just full of wonder. Eric stayed home with Ross so we had a nice little "girls day".
Lily fed the birds. She was so funny because she wasn't afraid at all. She kept putting her face closer and closer to the birds. So close that I had to go wash her face because the birds were flinging the fruit soup up on her cheeks.
Last weekend we went to a picnic with the Hollywood Craft Mafia and made pet rocks. Eric just licked them all for us.
Last week Lily brought me her pillow to stitch up because it had a hole in it. I took it as a teachable moment and taught Lily how to whipstitch.



Eric and Lily play together so well. He can't walk yet, but gets around pretty well with a combo of crawling and scooting along the furniture and walls. He likes to open and close things. Lily likes to hide inside things. The other day they played this game for ages.

No comments: