Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our child won't eat

I distinctly remember sitting alone at the kitchen table in Corpus Christi Texas with a plate of cold spaghetti and a cup of warm milk while the rest of the family was off watching my favorite show Magnum P.I. in the living room.
Now, I am doing the same torture to my child.
Lily won't eat. Won't eat breakfast. Won't eat lunch. Won't eat dinner.
It is now a common occurrence around here for Ross, Eric and I to be playing in the yard or in the back rooms while Lily sits at the dinner table with a plate of cold food.
I really don't know what else to do other than giving her a diet that consists completely of cheez-its and apple juice.

1 comment:

Auntie said...

Oh Shelley "been there done that". Both of my kids did the same thing. Poor Jeff sat for hours looking at his plate. I took both kids to the doctor and he laughed. He told me they wouldn't died from not eating. We just couldn't let them eat anything before the next meal which was hard on me. It will pass. I had a wonderful time seeing the kids. When I retire I will try to get down to Florida more often. I love you Auntie