Monday, September 17, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new

My stupid slow laptop finally bit the bullet this weekend. It had been on its deathbed for about a year now and finally decided to quit completely. I bought it in '02 so I guess that is a decent life for a computer. I can sometimes get it to turn on, but only to show the bios screen telling me that the program that is causing the problem is ar5110. No clue what that means! I took it to the shop about 2 years ago and spent about $300 and it never worked right after that so I decided this time to just ditch it and get a new one. I'm going to keep it for Lily to type on though. She doesn't even care if the screen is on, she just likes to type.
So, bargain huntress that I am, I found a laptop for less than $400! Obviously not top of the line and the salesman tried to talk me out of it or at least into an upgrade, but nope, the cheapest of the cheap will do me just fine, thank you.
I'm so excited about it but I don't know how to use Vista yet. I guess I'll figure it out.


Lily has been waking up too early these days and she gets cranky and tired early in the morning and a couple of times has fallen asleep on the floor even before I get her out of her pajamas.


She is very into opening drawers and cabinets these days. This is my mom's old antique sewing machine that Lily is getting into here. It is funny because I've had this for almost two years and never even looked in these drawers before now. Lily keeps bringing me little things that make me reminisce. Mailing labels for our house in Pensacola, to-do lists that my mom wrote, wooden spools of thread, old stamps, etc. This used to sit in the foyer at our house in Pensacola, then it was hidden away and not really used in Atlanta. In Pensacola my mom kept our lunch money in one drawer, stamps in another and various junk in the other two. Now they hold mega blocks, a shoe, and a plastic spoon.

No comments: