Saturday, April 26, 2008

Brandi inspired me to cut my hair


At the beginning of the month Brandi came over on her day off asking me to cut her hair. She had decided that she wanted to donate her hair to locks of love and was too anxious to wait to try and find a salon having a drive. So, we looked up the rules and info online and it is so cute. They even have a little video teaching you the steps on how to donate your hair.
So, I cut her hair.
It was kinda creapy cutting off an entire ponytail, especially since her hair is so thick.
The donated hair has to be 10 inches long so that left Brandi with pretty short hair. I cut it with layers all around and it turned out pretty cute. I cut Ross's hair so I figured that would qualify me as a professional so lucky for her, I do free haircuts if the hair is being donated. But, I made her work off her tip by running to the store for a red bull for me.

So, three weeks later and her bag-o-hair is still sitting her on my computer desk so, since I needed a haircut and was cutting Ross's hair today anyway, I decided to donate mine too. I had Ross take a before picture wich we forgot to do with Brandi.

I wish I wasn't wearing a sack dress. You can't really tell from the picture here, but my hair was literally at my waist. The last time my hair was that long was 1994 right before the notorious mullet cut incident! Well, I don't have a mullet this time, but it isn't picture worthy either. This is the after picture but you can't really tell what the hair that remains on my head looks like.

Ross wasn't confident enough to try and even out the cut and put the layers back in so I've got this really stupid looking bob right now. It is short in the back and long in the front (you have to cut the hair while it is banded in a ponytail) and looks just awful!
So, tomorrow morning on the way to the beach I'm going to stop in a super cuts somewhere and get them to make it look normal again.
Ross wanted to give Lily a haircut too because her hair is long enough to get in her eyes but I talked him out of it.
Now here is a great picture of Lily:

She looks like this just about all the time. She loves headbands and bracelets and scarves and pretty much is always covered in dirt (that is from mine & Ross's inability to grow grass in our yard). Those aren't bruises on her face, it is dirt and if her feet could be seen in the photo, I'm sure they were covered in dirt too. Yesterday she was playing in my closet and came out with a pair of fishnet panyhose on her head! I wish I had gotten that on camera!

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Wow! I've never seen you with short hair! Great idea to donate it!