Friday, May 23, 2008

US vs. Zim accent - which will Lily get?

I always figured that Lily would have an American accent because she is bombarded with Americans and encounters very few Zimbos. Well, so far, she has an African accent.

If you couldn't tell, in that video whe is saying that she prefers a Zebra to be called a ZEB-ra, rather than ZEE-bra. This next one is the way that she says "water", it sounds just like Ross.

The word "Bath" is very funny to me. If I ask her, she says "bAth" the American way, but if she is talking to Ross, she asks for a "BaHth". So, if I ask her if she would like to get in the Bath (and pronounce it like Ross would) she will correct me to the American version. It is sweet that the realizes the difference.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

That is so cute! Ana corrects me the other way! I say ZEB-ra and she says "No mummy, ZEE-bra"