Thursday, May 21, 2009

Whirl-wind car wheeling & dealing day

Bye Bye old Civic... You've been good to me!
Ok, so after coming home with the new car, I went to the tag agency to get a temp tag so I could try and start to sell the car over the weekend. And with tomorrow being the one day I have to work at Monstertixx, and Monday being a holiday, figured I needed to get it done today. I had already cleaned and photographed the car earlier in the week so I decided that I would go ahead and put an ad up on craigslist just to see what happens.
Blue book on a '95 Civic DX coupe WITH AC and WITHOUT being wrecked is $1900. I decided just for shits & giggles would ask $1000.
I posted the ad, and 10 minutes later the phone rang. Guy wants to come see it now. I scrambled to dig out the title just in case he was interested. About 20 minutes later he shows up and takes it for a test drive. While he is around the block with the car, 2 more calls. He and I talk for awhile, 2 more calls!
Ross and I had assumed that we would be lucky to get $400 for it but within an hour of posting an ad on Craigslist I had Six crisp $100 bills and a Fifty in my pocket and no more Honda in the driveway.
In a weird sort of way, I'm kinda sad. As much as I hated that car, I really loved it too.
The guy who bought it, bought it for a friend. Guess what he drives? A teal green '95 Civic! Only difference was that his was a hatchback.
This is the first car I've ever sold. I'm glad that I've finally gotten one to last long enough to be able to do that rather than send it to the junkyard. $650 sure feels better than the $75 I could get for scrap!

No comments: