Monday, May 25, 2009

Trip to the ER, mixed up Script and a new dress

The above picture is NOT my leg. I've spared y'all that but decided to gross you out with Brandi's leg instead. Yesterday I had to take her to the ER because she picked at a bug bite so much that she turned it into an absess (I don't think I spelled that right but that is the way the word sounds). This is several hours after leaving the ER so the swelling had gone down quite a bit. She couldn't move her knee and was having pains all the way up to her hip. The docs told her that she was lucky because the infection could have gone into her joints or worse.

The scary thing is what happened AFTER that though. We filled her prescription at Publix and later that night Brandi noticed that her antibiotic looked just like her ibuprofen. She thought that she had grabbed the wrong bottle but once we looked closely we realized the pharmacy had made a mistake and instead of giving her two anti-boitics and an ibuprofen they gave her 2 ibuprofen and one anti-biotic. The bottle was labeled properly but the wrong drug was inside! I've always heard that you should check your prescriptions but I never had before, I will start now!

We went back to Publix to straighten it out but the pharmacy had closed and had a big sign that they would not be open the next day, Memorial Day. We kinda freaked a little because we couldn't go elsewhere because we no longer had the script. Thankfully the super-cool pharmacist at Walgreens called the ER and verified and gave Brandi enough of the antibiotic to get her through until Publix pharmacy is open again. Scary.

Ok, here is a belly shot for ya. I've gained a few more pounds, now I weight 156 and my belly is 41" around. This baby is kicking like crazy and I am now rolling out of bed 4 or 5 times a night to pee. The way he is positioned, he kicks my bladder and makes me feel like I'm going to pee my pants.

Ross and Lily playing in the yard today...


If you like her dress, you'll be happy to know I made it for her. She picked out the fabric herself. And of course, I made 2 so the other one is up on eBay for sale if you know anyone in the market for a spaceship dress (click here).





1 comment:

AprilT said...

Shelley,

I don't know how to reach you, but I would like for you to make me some dresses. you can email me your number or email me @ April-Tompkins@cox.net or April@bloomergeri-cpa.com
my home number is 850-472-0432 and my cell is 850-324-5907. I would like 5-10 dresses for myself, if you are not to busy. :) Thanks April