Tuesday, June 30, 2009

23 days to go!

This picture was taken on the 21st.
I am still conflicted about wether or not I'm completely comfortable with my belly out. I am more UNcomfortable in my maternity swim suit that DOES cover my belly, so even if I offend someone, the bikini wins. I see many many mom-to-bes on the beach in bikinis these days, so I really shouldn't care, but for some reason I feel a little like the old guy in the thong. I feel like I'm a spectacle.
Yesterday I took Lily to the doctor for her 3 year check-up. Early, I know, but it is one less thing on my my to-do list now. This is the first time she has been big enough to wear the paper gown and we both got a big kick out of it. I usually try to prepare her for things so we had talked about what to expect before we went. We talked about how she may have to get a shot and all that just so she would be ready. I didn't know they would put her in the gown so when they had us put that one we both ended up with the giggles. The happiness continued because she didn't need any shots!
She is in the 75th percentile for everything. This has come down, she has always been in higher percentiles. I guess that explains why she is still wearing the same clothes that she was wearing a year ago. Spurts are funny. Her size has not changed, she has only gotten taller.
This last picture was taken tonight. If you can't tell what is going on here, that is my belly that Lily is laying on and she is sitting on the couch between my legs.
She has taken to wanting to lean against my belly all the time lately. She feels it and wants to help me put on lotion. I think she totally understands what is happening, although we'll never really know what is going on in that little head of hers. The other day when she was in the bathtub we talked about how baby Eric is going to be too small to take a bath in the big bath with her but once he gets bigger he will. Then she said "the doctor is going to cut you open and take him out and then you can't pick me up for awhile". Wow, what a memory! I remember telling her this once but am surprised at how well she actually understood it.

No comments: