Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tired tired tired

Lately I've been having good and bad days with this pregnancy. Some days I have had tons of energy and feel great and other days (like today) I can't seem to get the energy to keep my eyes open. My circulation problems have gotten pretty bad and I just can't wait 'till this baby is born. It is hard to get comfortable in just about any position. When I sit in a chair straight up, it is difficult to breathe and after about half an hour I end up with pains in the front of my hips.
When I sit in a chair in a recline position I can breathe well but my legs fall asleep. If I lay down flat I can't breathe, my neck falls asleep and the heartburn is horrible. If I lay down on my side my arms fall asleep and depending on how the baby is positioned, my belly can hurt. And of course, walking and standing makes my bad veins in my leg throb. So, I spend my day doing a rotation of positions.
I've been wearing a compression stocking every day and have gotten used to how silly I look but it definitely makes the summer heat terrible. It is hard to put on and hard to take off, but it really helps the pain.
So basically, no matter what I do.... I'm gonna be complaining.
I've gained 5 pounds in the last week and can see and feel a distinct increase in belly size. I've gained 30 pounds total so far and my belly is 42" around.
Lily has been so sweet. Today when I was laying down she asked if I would do something for her and I asked her to give me a minute because I wasn't feeling good and she came over and gave me a hug and kiss.
She has taken to talking about "MY baby" when she says something about him. I just think it is so cute that she talks about her baby brother.
But she is most excited about Granny coming to sleep in her bunk bed with her.
The picture above is tonight (39 days to go) and the photo below is of me when I was pregnant with Lily 33 days prior to her birth. Just for comparison sake.

No comments: