Friday, June 02, 2006

3D Ultrasound

Ross and I went on Wednesday to get a 3D ultrasound. I had heard good and bad things about it. Some people say it is creepy looking, and others say that it is so cool to be able to see so much of your baby before she is even born. However, it didn't really matter much because apparently Lily is already not wanting to cooperate.
First, we get signed in and the receptionist or Medical Assistant, or whatever her job title is, tells me "That will be $350.00 please" Of course I freak because as you know if you have been reading this blog.....I don't have health insurance. My doctors office put me on a payment plan that was supposed to include everything except any unexpected extras if any should arise. We broke up the payments and we made sure to pay them all before I quit working full time. Now, any money that is in the bank is very limited! I asked her about why it wasn't included and if it was really necessary. If it was just going to be for fun, just to see what she would look like....for $350.00, I would have skipped it. She needs a stroller and some diapers more than I need to see what she'll look like before she comes out! Anyway, the chick says that yes it IS necessary and that because I already got the ultrasound that was included in my package, this one is extra. Ok, so I dig out the credit card that I had worked so hard to pay off and paid it.
We go in for the ultra sound and the first thing the ultrasound tech says is..."oh shoot, we are going to have to try this again in a couple of weeks" and I panic because I DEFINITELY can't afford another $350 in two weeks. I ask her if I will have to pay again and explained that I don't have insurance and if it isn't necessary I'd like to skip it. And, she said, "oh no, this is free! The 3D is strictly for fun!" I told her that I had just been charged $350.00 for this "fun, free ultrasound" and she went and straightened it out with the stupid girl at the desk. They gave us a refund....YAY!!!!
but anyway, the reason that we couldn't do the 3D this week was because Lily is turned around backwards and all we could see is her spine. ALSO, at this moment, she is breech. Of course I don't want to hear that! My doctor said not to worry until 3 more weeks. If she doesn't turn around by then....that is when we start worrying. So, I already have a child who doesn't want to be normal! Backwards and upside down!

No comments: