Saturday, January 20, 2007

6 months later

Half a year ago my little munchkin was one week old. I was healing from surgery and trying my damndest to get my stupid boobs to function properly so I could breastfeed. Looking back over the last six months I realize how much we all have grown. Lily has obviously put on some pounds and learned loads of new things. She was so skinny when we brought her home, now she has so much fat she has dimples on her knees and elbows.


Ross has grown in lots of ways too. He has learned that he has to be flexible sometimes with his rigid daily schedule, and how to deal with it when Lily screams. As a couple we have learned to make time to give the other one a break to keep each other sane. and Me, oh I have learned so much! I feel like Lily has been with us for ages, but six months is really such a short time. I have turned into a schedule person and I now have routines around the house. I never did that before and always laughed at Ross for it. I am far from being rigid, but the dishes are always done before bed now-a-days. I like mornings now even!
Six months ago I was vowing that I would fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes by Halloween. Well, Halloween came and went without me being remotely close to fitting into my old clothes. I was very optomistic about making time to go to the gym and running with Lily's jogging stroller. Well, jogging strollers are difficult on bumpy sidewalks and the broadwalk on the beach is under construction so I don't jog near as much as I had planned. And as far as the gym goes, I haven't joined one yet. I have lost some weight and am continuing to SLOWLY lose more, just not as quickly as I would have hoped. I finally got the nerve to try on what used to be my fat pants tonight. I am wearing them now and they are cutting into my stomach, but the are actually zipped up all the way!


Pre-prego 130, just before baby 167, 1 week after baby 155, now 139. Nine pounds doesn't sound like too much, but it looks like way more than that. Pre-prego I lifted weights 3x a week and now it has been a year since I steped foot into a gym, so I need to gain about 10 pounds of muscle and lose 19 pounds of fat to get back to normal. I'll post another picture of me and my "fat pants" in six more months and hopefully if all goes as planned they really will be fat pants again. This picure was taken about 3 months before pregnancy, I am using it as my goal for Lily's first birthday.

3 comments:

Jazz said...

I was just thinking about the 6 month mark myself. Ana will be there soon, it is amazing. I think you look great by the way. I am pumped because I have lost all the weight I gained plus about 5lb but I'm still flabby. I can't see my belly ever not having an overhang...no matter how much weight I lose. Have you heard of Spanx underwear? It holds your flab in really well, apparently Gwyneth Paltrow swears by it.

Shelley said...

No Dickson, I still don't wear a watch. Actually I don't wear bracelets, earrings or necklaces either. Just more things for Lily to grab.

Kelli said...

Yeah I am 8 pounds over my pre-prego weight and it seems like so much more. This is my 3rd week at the gym and I am starting to see a little difference, but my stomach will never ever be tight again no matter how many crunches I do because of stretched out skin. I am feeling so much better though! You should join the LA fitness on sheriden, its has a daycare for Lilly too. The initial start up fees are expensive but I splurged, justifying it because I was depressed about how my body looked.
You look great anyway!