Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

Each year I reflect back on the year past and make resolutions for the year to come. 2006 was a big year for me. I became a homeowner, business owner and most important, a mom. I put myself much further in debt, gained a bunch of weight, lost a little weight, had my first major surgery, and went to my first trade show. I learned that I enjoy mornings and fell in love with coffee.
In the coming year I plan to recover the money Bryan owes me, put in a pool, and get health insurance.

Lily learned how to smile, laugh, reach, hold up her own head, roll over, eat from a spoon, and sit up. In the coming year she plans to grow teeth, grow hair and gain a buch of weight. She also plans to learn how to stand, crawl, talk and walk.

I just love to watch her. She is so deliberate in her actions now. She watches thing with such intense curiosity. She actually does things on purpose now. For Christmas, she got a little piano thing that hooks on the side of her crib and somehow she squirms herself into position to push the buttons with her feet each morning. I have tried to catch her to see how she does it, but I wake up to the thing saying "hello baby" which is what it does when you first push on it. I sneak into the room to see if she is doing it on accident or on purpose and I have determined that it really is on purpose. She looks at it while it sings and when it stops she puts her foot up there and hits it again. So smart!!

David got her a soccer ball for Christmas and she loves it. It is kinda annoying to me though because she sits on the floor (yes, sits...she is so advanced!) and hits it so it rolls away from her. She cracks up laughing and then fusses until I roll it back to her. I have been trying to show her how to kick it, but I think that is a long time away.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

How did you get Lily to eat from a spoon? Ana won't do it and cries when we try.

Kelli said...

Lily is so adorable...they are growing so fast. She is so much bigger than when I saw her that time. I wish you health wealth and happiness for the new year. And I wish hair for Lily, haha! It looks like your store is doing great, congratulations! I like your new additions, the vintage reproduction dresses are awesome. I went away for most of december now I have to start things back up again.