Sunday, January 07, 2007

Catching up


I still feel behind from the holiday. I have so many thing I want to get done and just never seem to get caught up. Especially because now I have this weighing pressure to figure out about day care! I obviously have never had to find a day care before and didn't really plan to do so this soon, but I need to find somewhere for Lily to go staring on the 15th. It is only going to be for a month so I don't even know if daycares allow that or not. I really watch too much dateline because I am so scared of where to leave her. All I keep hearing in my head are those horror stories about child abusers and sexual predators. And I only have one week to find a suitable (also affordable) place that is willing to take a 6 month old for only one month! Please, if you have any advice please email me!
Anyway, I finally downloaded my videos and there are several cute ones. I have posted one of Lily showing off how well she sits, another of how she has been saying "da da da da da" all day long (you should see the pride on Ross's face!) and another of how Lily moves around even though she can't crawl yet. I always start her in the middle of the blanket and she scoots to the side because she likes to feel the carpet. Thank god we replaced that nasty carpet that was here when we moved in!
Sherah got Lily a blow-up bathtub for Christmas and it was just the perfect time! She had gotten to the point where she had really outgrown the little tub on the washing machine, but I didn't know what I was going to do next. She squirms and turns way too much for the big tub, so this was the perfect solution! Lily LOVES it. I have a hard time washing her face though because she wants to look at the water the entire time. I can get the soap on, but rinsing it off is a problem. I'm sure we will figure it out soon enough.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I've looked at a few in the area and they were terrible! What about those temples around you...I always see signs for daycare/learning centers at those places, and my question is if we are not jewish can we do stuff there? I know they have good mommy & me classes at temples too. I always wondered that though.
What hours do you need?
Ive only heard good things about places in aventura, and they are 650-700 a month! I did go see one place in hollywood that was $90 a week but it wasn't that impressive. I just saw the toddler room, I don't know what the infant area looked like there. I could tell you where it is if you get desperate.
I am going to have to put Deo somewhere soon too.

Jazz said...

I don't really have any advice except that you don't need to tell them she will only be going for a month. Just put her in then take her out when you need to. We are lucky with our daycare, it's $130 a week and really nice - that might sound pricey but compared to the ones in Atl is it is dirt cheap. As long as the place is licensed it will be safe. I have a checklist of things to ask about that I will e-mail to you. Good luck!