Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm in print!!!

I am so excited! Last fall I was interviewed by a journalist for the Wall street journal who was doing an article on ebay express. She never called for the last interview so I thought maybe she had just scrapped the article. Well, on Friday I get a call from another journalist wanting to interview me about ebay sales again. I accepted and we set up a phone interview and during the talk he told me that he had found me because he saw my name in another article. Hmmmmm....so, I googled 'Shelley Wall street journal addicted rockabilly' and sure as shit, there I am!
here is a link to the article
It was published back in December in the StartUpJournal, the Wall Street Journal's center for Entreprenuers.
I am so excited! The interview I did today was for a twice yearly ebay publication. I feel so much more accomplished. I feel so much more important that someone called to interview me. It kinda justifies all the hours that I spend on ebay, kinda makes me feel like a real professional.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

that is so cool! how did the first person find out about you?
By the way I thought about you the other day...I saw some punkrose shoes at the sawgrass mall-the platform ones you have now but in red too. I don't know how much you get them for but they were 12.99 there. You could still make $20 a pair. Let me know if you are interested and I'll tell you where they are.

Shelley said...

WHAT!!! I buy direct from the company and I pay more than that!!
anyway, the first lady found me because I posted something in the community forum section of building an ebay business.

Kelli said...

Oh then you better go get them! They were in burlington coat factory and they had the black that you have and another color-I think it was red but it could of been pink. You can find some good stuff in sawgrass sometimes but it is so damn big it takes forever. I think I'm going to go back and get a few things I saw to sell on ebay.