Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trip to Chicago





Last week Debbie and I went to eBay Live! in Chicago. Lily and I drove to Melbourne on Tuesday and spent the night with Sandy. At the crack of dawn, I few out to Chicago. I wrote this in my notebook on the plane:


I cried last night while falling asleep because I worry so much about my little Lily. I am on a plane right now heading to Chicago and won't see her until Sunday night. And even then, she will be asleep. I have all the confidence in the world that my family will take wonderful care of her. They will probably be more careful than I would! But, being away from her hurts my heart. Leaving this morning she was still asleep and I wanted so badly to pick her up and squeeze her. Oh poo. Now I'm crying on the plane! how embarrassing.


Because of a weather delay out of Chicago, I missed my connector in Atlanta and had to be re-routed to Orlando. Luckily, Christian was there picking up Debbie just one hour prior so I made them wait and collect me too. I made it home on Sunday but at 2AM. Being away from Lily all that time she grows and changes even in a few days.


We celebrated Christian's birthday on Monday with a barbecue then it started to pour and didn't stop so Lily and I had to stay another night. I finally made it home yesterday and it is going to take me a week to catch up on missed work and two weeks to workout enough to work off everything I ate!
(These pictures are Pamela's that she so nicely loaded into my computer for me, mine are still in my camera)

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Awww, it's awful isn't it! I foolishly decided to go to a conference in London without Ana in August. My stomach is in knots already just thinking about it :(