Thursday, October 09, 2008

Race for the Cure only a little over a week left update

Ok, Race day is a week from Saturday and we are only $25.00 shy of our $1000.00 goal. We are also 4 participants shy of our 10 participant goal. O'Malley's having their golf tournament on the same day really screwed it up for getting my friends to get involved, but they do offer the "Sleep In for the Cure" option. You just sign up and pay the race entrance fee but don't show up. Cool huh? You still get a t-shirt too!
Many many of my family members have donated generously and I am so appreciative. It is wonderful that we've come so close to such a lofty goal.
I'm putting together the plans for getting there and a meet up spot, so if you are running/walking with us, stay tuned for info about that.
April, I'm assuming you are "sleeping in", if so, I need your address so send your shirt once I pick them up.
Anyone else want to get involved: Click Here
I've been running consistently 3 days a week and have gotten very close to meeting my goal of being able to run 4 miles without stopping. I doubt that I'll make my goal of beating my best time (27 min 33 sec.) but I'm going to try my best.

2 comments:

AprilT said...

Hey Shelley, They alreasy sent me my shirt. I thought I was just donating, but I got a shirt too. Hope you meet your goal!

Shelley said...

You signed up for the "sleep in" wich is great, either way the money gets there, and you get a free shirt!
Cool. I thought that it would be with the rest of the team's, but I guess not. Sweet.