Saturday, January 03, 2009

Questions answered

Many of you emailed asking for more info on my pregnancy, here goes.
Baby #2 is due July 31 (exactly 3 years and 10 days after Lily's original due date). We found out that we were pregnant the week after Thanksgiving and at that time I was about 6 weeks along. I had suspicion of a pregnancy weeks earlier but twice got negative results on home pregnancy tests.
I've been feeling like garbage for since before my birthday. (hence the lack of blog posts.... sorry) I have been overwhelmingly exhausted and have been feeling nauseous almost constantly although only actually getting "sick" two or three times. I think Ross is starting to get irritated at my sleeping all the time. I go to bed right after Lily does every night and most times can't tear myself out of bed until after 9AM. I keep wondering how someone can sleep 12 hours a night for weeks and still feel tired.
I've said over and over that Lily was such a wonderful child and easy to take care of that I am sure that the possibility of having two that easy are slim. If my pregnancy so far is any indication, we are in trouble!
Besides my nausea and exhaustion, doctors say that so far everything is fine. He/she is healthy and I'm taking my vitamins (which make me sick by the way). I haven't really put on any weight yet other than in my boobs, which have gone up a full cup size at least. I look like some sort of freak of nature right now and can't wait to even out with the big belly.
Lily has taken the news in stride, I'm not sure she understands completely though. She talks about the baby in mommy's belly and has expressed with certainty that she wants it to be a girl.
I feel bad though because she comes to my bed in the mornings with a somber look saying "mommy you aren't feeling good?" and the guilt pours on about not having the energy to be up playing with her.

This picture is one of Lily acting like a lion just after a bath. This is part of our daily routine and my Dad took the picture when he was in town. We dry her hair with a towel and tell her she looks like a lion so she growls and tries to scare us.

2 comments:

Jen D said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. Jazz and I are going to have to hurry up if we want to keep up :)

Jazz said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations!!!! That is fabulous news.

We are debating adding to our brood too, but I am terrified of morning sickness again. I thought I was going to die last time, and then I only had myself to take care of in those days! Your post does not fill me with confidence. LOL!

Hope it passes quickly for you and you get to feeling better soon!