Tuesday, January 27, 2009

weekend before last with Friends from Tally


Self Portrait


Weekend before last Lily and I were on our way to the park when we got a call from Chris D. He was in town for a friend's wedding and wanted us to meet him for lunch. Yay! I love surprise visits from old friends! We took a detour and headed all the way down to Coconut Grove and had lunch with Chris at Mr. Moes. Lily was well behaved but made Chris nervous by getting too close to the edge of the bench. He kept thinking she was gonna fall over and she insisted on sitting with him and not me. People without kids are funny.

That night we did the "Funtastic Friday" festival downtown again and it was cold and raining. On our way there I almost had a heart attack because we just happened to be a little too close to what looked like a drug bust. It was still light outside and we were walking down the sidewalk to a park in the middle of downtown. Those of you who aren't familiar with Hollywood, our "downtown" is totally safe, well lit, and this quaint little area full of restaurants and bars. All the restaurants have seating on the sidewalks and is totally not a scary place at all.
Anyway, as we were walking along about 20 feet in front of us I see a guy in complete black combat looking gear open the door of a pickup truck and yell "get out on the ground" then he pulls a gun. YIKES! It only took a second for it to register that he was a cop but the next thing that registered was "what if the guy in the truck tries to shoot and it ends up in a gun battle".
I grabbed Lily and ducked behind a concrete fence. I felt kinda silly afterward because there were people everywhere and no one else seemed to freak out like I did. I guess, better safe than sorry right?
Then, in order to get to our destination we had to practically step over these 4 young guys that the officers now had in handcuffs laying flat on their stomachs in the sidewalk and the side of the road.
So, we ended up at the park and it was raining so Lily didn't get to get in the bounce house but she was happy enough to get her face painted and play on the playground a little.


Then, the next great surprise, Jasmin & James are coming in town and want to meet up at the Miami Children's Museum and Jen & Adam are coming too! I was so excited for this. I'd been wanting to take Lily there and I was so excited about all these Poor Paul's people getting back together again.
James & Jaz have a daughter who is about a month younger than Lily and Jen & Adam have a little boy 18 months old. It was perfect. The kids had a blast and the adults were able to have some fun too. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera and taking pictures of very fast moving children with a camera phone is damn near impossible. I got a ton of blurry pics. Jaz got some good ones if you wanna check out her blog here.


This one was Lily shopping at the "Publix" they have. She was so funny, she shopped all around then took her food up to the register and rang it all up. Ever since then she has been going into the drawer here at home getting a green bag and a purse telling me that she is going to publix. Then she loads up into her car and tells me that she is going to buy cheese and toilet paper.

I thought this was hilarious. This bar here is intended for kids to play limbo. But for some reason, both of our girls immediately thought weightlifting. I guess it just goes to show that we really have grown up to be bad role models for our kids. So much that our children think of exercise before they think of fun. So sad.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Awwww, that was such a fun day! I'm cracking up at Ana and Lily working out :)