Thursday, February 19, 2009

I need today to be over

Today sucks. It has just been one of those days where things have built up and built up and I need to vent. I had a doctors appointment today at 8 am. I scheduled it so early because Ross never knows what his schedule is going to look like in advance and doctors visits have to be scheduled in advance. So, I figured that if I planned it really early (beer reps don't have to visit bars REALLY early, so Ross does computer work in the mornings) I wouldn't have to take Lily. Well, that backfired because Ross had to fly off to New York with only one day's notice.
So, I woke Lily up at 7AM when she has been sleeping in until 8:30 or 9 everyday!
And, of course, this doctors appointment wasn't at my regular docs office that is less than a mile from the house, but at another office that is a 30 minute drive away on the turnpike, 45 in early morning traffic.
The bright side of this appointment was that I thought I was going to get a sonogram so I would find out the sex. Nope. Apparently I was mistaken and all I had to do was get two vials of blood drawn. 45 minutes of driving, two tolls, 20 minutes in a waiting room for all of 2 minutes with a nurse tech. Didn't even see a doctor or NP!

So, the rest of the morning I'm dealing with an over-tired cranky toddler and I'm tired too and because I'm pregnant, can't pump myself up full of caffeine. Needless to say, I'm cranky too.

I thought treating myself & Lily to some junk food for lunch would be fun. Lily and I went to Burger King so we could eat fat food and play in the playplace. This turned out really bad. The food made me feel like I was going to puke and didn't even taste good and Lily got bullied. She was up in the tunnel thingy, there were lots of other kids and I hear Lily crying out "I want my mommy". This is not something I've ever heard come out of her mouth before. I look to see her and she is all the way at the top just bawling her eyes out. I called up to her and told her it was ok and to just come back down and I'd give her a hug. Then, I see this little boy, probably about 1.5 or 2 come over and push her into the wall!!! I screamed "hey" but really, what can I do? Then, I see this other boy about the same age go over and push her too! Then the original boy does it again. I turned and tried to find the moms of the boys and found one but just couldn't take it anymore and scrambled up into this maze of tubes to rescue my baby. Not an easy task when you are an adult and 4 months pregnant.
We left and I got into the car and just cried and cried. I can't describe how awful it was to see Lily getting pushed and being so upset and not being able to get to her. What do I do? Teach her to push back? Teach her to run? I didn't think I was going to have to deal with this so young.
I felt bad about cutting her playtime short so I took her to another park.
Then, I come home and guess what...... THE FRIDGE IS NOT WORKING!!!
Last week the repairman told me that if what he did then didn't work than the next repair would be $200.00. I've already invested $300 into this repair and just can't bring myself to invest another 2 when it isn't even going to guarantee that it is fixed. But I have no clue how we are going to be able to afford to buy a new one right now.
AND, as if that isn't enough, I have had more returns this week than I have had sales so my business account is negative!

I just need to go to bed and start over.
Sorry for the rant.

No comments: