Thursday, February 26, 2009

Little over 4 months and the symptoms begin

Things have much improved since my last post. That one day, last Thursday, everything seemed to just all go wrong and it was hard to deal with being prego-hormonal and Ross being out of town. The news that day actually got worse after the post. Ross was in NY for a big meeting about changes in at Carlsberg. We thought they would be good changes for us (ie; raise & company car) but it was bad news instead. The lucky thing is that he still has a job and still has all of his benefits so that is good. This would NOT be a good time to be out of health insurance! Basically, the company was bought out but it was the former CEO that is now the owner. New name, but no raise. Potential for the future though, so we are optimistic.

After fretting over the fridge and price shopping for new ones I decided to give the repairman one last shot. He actually came out on Saturday and didn't charge us. So far, so good. It has been working almost a week now.

Then, things got even better on Saturday. We finally found a dryer on freecycle! Yay, I love freecycle. It makes a weird noise, but it works. It drys clothes. It is so nice to have my outdoor furniture back to being furniture instead of a giant drying rack.

Computers are still broken, but two things fixed in one day way awesome.

Pregnancy update:

I'm about 4.5 months along and I've got a belly, but just like last time, my boobs stick out further than my belly so it still isn't as obvious as it would be on most women.

I've only gained 10 pounds but look and feel much bigger.

This pic was taken on Sunday before I went to the beach, as you can see, I just look fat.



Now that the perpetual sickness has subsided, the other annoying symptoms of pregnancy have come out in full force. I'm taking a Zantac150 everyday and still chewing tums all evening. The bad veins came back but this time with a vengeance. Again, they are only on my left leg. Strange. The other annoying and gross part of being pregnant is that I have broken out with acne all over my shoulders, neck, chest and back. Last time it was just my shoulders, this time it has spread. Gross.





I'm ready for the baby to be born and get back to normal and I'm not even half-way through this. ugh.

There are several moms in my SAHM group that say that they loved being pregnant. One even wants to be a surrogate! I am NOT one of those moms. I do NOT enjoy pregnancy.


This is what I enjoy!


I didn't see this, Ross took this picture on a morning that he let me sleep in. I'm not exactly sure why Lily is wearing a stocking cap but no clothes and is outside. The bandaid was because she scratched her face falling off of a skateboard at the baby sitter's house. It was very minor but she kept scratching the scab off and the bandaid is to prevent that.



Ross was getting excited about his trip to Dubai so he pulled out his suitcase and both Lily and Zelda wanted to go too.


Not me, I have no desire to leave the country while pregnant.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Aghhh! Pregnancy is so undignified! I could never understand women who loved it either?? You still look good though! I think I would look like that in a bikini now and I'm not preggo :)