Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our baby is 2 months old already

Eric turned 2 months old yesterday!
He is the sweetest thing ever and we absolutely adore him but he has been much harder to handle than Lily was. Or, maybe it is just that when Lily was this age we didn't have an attention demanding kid to take care of also. Either way, these last two months have flown by. Eric is just now starting to have a sleeping pattern emerge (yay!) but we are a very long way away from a full nights sleep. We get up at least 2 times to feed, but several times this week it has only been twice. The feedings are easy though because he eats and goes right back to sleep. Lucky-duck Ross doesn't even have to get up to help anymore.
The hard part is getting him to sleep in the first place. Ross and I have been so programmed to thinking that our child care times end at 8 when Lily goes to bed that it is difficult for us to adjust to the fact that we don't get to clock out that early any more. Eric likes to start wailing at around 8:30 or 9 and usually doesn't get to bed until about 10. This has been really difficult for me because this is the time that I usually do my office work. So, now, I have to somehow find the time to do that. As you can imagine, I have a pile of work to be done that is not getting done. And, unfortunately it is starting to show in my bank account!
Eric is starting to smile and respond to us and that is the best part of parenting. He has such fantastic expressions and I've gotten a couple of good pictures on my cell (to be downloaded soon) He is even holding his head up! and has become a real fatty.
Lily, she is smart as a whip and her favorite thing to do right now is rhyme. She is memorizing nursery rhymes and likes to come up with rhyming words. I've gotten a few on video (again, to be downloaded soon)
ok, now back to work....

No comments: