Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween

Things leading up to Halloween were hectic so we didn't get around to carving our pumpkins. Ross has been doing all sorts of promotions at nights and weekends that just add to his regular workload (but unfortunately, not his paycheck! another story, another day) and of course, I bit off more than I can chew with sewing projects so we waited until Sunday Nov. 1st to do our jack-o-lanterns.
I spent hours and hours making Lily a Princess Aurora (sleeping beauty) costume but two days before Halloween realized that she fit into my brothers' Naval Aviator flight suit costume. So, we dressed her in that one to go to the Boo Bash (Child's party downtown) the night before Halloween then wore the Princess costume for Trick-or-treating on Saturday.
Lily woke up Halloween morning feeling very sick so that is why she looks so sad in these pictures. Because she is. A little girl she befriended in line for the bounce house at the boo bash coughed one of those wet nasty coughs right in her face and I'm just sure that is where she got it. She was miserable, but would cry and cry if I suggested that we skip trick-or-treating. It broke my heart. We went to just a handful of neighbors' houses and she started to cry and asked to change clothes. So, we went back and put on the flight suit. We drove to the rich neighborhood and trick-or-treated a little there. We definitely over-did it because when we got home Lily started running a high fever and both kids were a screaming mess. Ross was working so he missed all of it. Thankfully Brandi was here so she could run to the store for Children's Tylenol and juice.
I was Flo, the progressive spokes girl. This picture isn't really good but I'll have to post another one once I download my phone pics or Brandi's camera. Ross and I went to an adult Halloween party on Friday night and he was the Geico Caveman so it was really cute. We won the costume contest! A whopping $27.00! It was more than we spent on our costumes so we still came out ahead. If only Lily had won a contest, I spent close to $60 on the fabric for hers!



Don't worry.... she DID wear shoes. These Aviator pics were from the days BEFORE Halloween when we were just playing dressup.

No comments: