Saturday, March 25, 2006

Changes.... not just my body


Sorry, but I am going to have to have a little rant here. All these pregnancy changes thus far have been pretty novel and exciting, until recently when I am starting to see some negatives. The biggest one is the work issue. I know I shouldn't be stressing because that is really bad for the baby, but it is hard to help. Joe Udell (the GM) won't let me work on the weekend nights anymore, so I am really pissed. Discrimination, I know, but there is nothing that I can do about it. The bar has less than 50 employees so they don't have to abide by the same laws as most employers. I could sue, but that really isn't feasible because the cost of lawyers wouldn't be worth it. I am really pissed because physically, I am perfectly able to do that job. I haven't been in any kind of trouble, missed any shifts or done anything wrong. The only change is the way that I look. And now, I am not allowed to work. I have worked every Friday night since working at O'Malley's and feel that I have built a really strong clientele, and now I am only allowed to work weeknights!
I guess I should have started using my degree years ago instead of remaining in the bar scene! So, ultimately, I guess it is my fault.
Sorry this picture is so bad. As you can see, I took it myself in the mirror and I really should have smiled, but I thought maybe it was time to put a picture of me from the front.

No comments: