Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday


Lily has been very interested lately in the way things feel. She will rub her fingers on something, then rub them on something else, then go back to the first thing, like she is comparing them or something. It first noticed her doing that one morning when I was changing her and she kept alternating between feeling the diaper basket and her terry-cloth pajamas. It is so cute. Just another thing to add to the list of how amazing it is to watch a baby grow.


She is reaching for everything now. We have to be very careful about how close we let her get to things. Twice this week she has slapped my coffee and made a huge mess. Luckily, I drink my coffee cold so there weren't any burning incidents! Last night I was holding Lily while standing in my closet trying to pick out something to wear and she kept turning the light off. I am really impressed that she figured out how to do that. It is a pull switch and it takes her quite a bit of concentration to get a hold of the string, but once she gets it she has learned that when she pulls it the light turns off. She is the smartest baby EVER!


She has also finally learned how to use the Johnny Jump Up. I credit Ross because I could never get her to jump, she just spun around. She can finally do it now after Ross took care of her for two days.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

1. What a cute outfit! I love the antlers.
2. I wish they made Johnny Jumpers for adults
3. Cold coffee? Yuck!