Sunday, November 11, 2007

This funny little girl!

Lily will be 16 months old this week and she is so fun right now. I totally love this whole parenting thing so far. I am amazed at how quickly children learn and getting to see it everyday is wonderful. There are so many times when I sit down to pay the bills or when I see my friends getting to do things that we can't afford to do, that I wish that I worked a full time job. But then again, there significantly more times that I thank god that I am able to be here every day with Lily.
Lily does so many of the cutest things right now. When I pick her up and hold her in front of me she puts her arms around my neck and then fluffs out my hair saying "hair, hair, hair" which actually sounds more like "ha, ha, ha"
and her word for nose sounds like "nnna"
She is watching us intently. She got my make-up brush the other day and kept repeating 'eye' over and over while she tried to stick it in her eye.
I couldn't find my hair brush yesterday and I asked Lily if she knew where it was and she ran right into the bathroom and opened the drawer where it belonged!
She hugs Zelda and laughs and laughs as Zelda tries to wiggle loose. She picks up people's shirts to find their belly buttons. She moves her little chairs over to sit next to the big people chairs. She hugs her blanket and her babies and says "awwww" when she does it.
Now, there are a couple of not so cute things. She is obsessed with Bananas and will cry and squeal on the floor under where the bananas are kept pointing and saying 'ban, ban, ban'. She has actually pushed a chair over and tried to climb up there for them twice (smart, but too smart for her own good). She also has started to throw tantrums if you have to take something away from her (like that make-up brush she wanted to stick in her eye)
She keeps us all in a good mood right now. :)

No comments: