Friday, July 06, 2007

Such a big girl...sitting facing the front!

The guidelines for turning the carseat from back-facing to front-facing is over 20 pounds AND one year in age. Well, Lily met the 20 pound goal months ago and even though she has a week left before her first birthday we went ahead and moved her to the big seat. Because we have to ride in the HOT Honda now, I felt like her being backwards was making it even hotter for her. That car doesn't get much relief from the windows being open, but Lily was missing out on it. Sandy had given us a seat, but since we wanted one for each car I had bought this one for her last week and she has been playing with it ever since. I think I need to get her a little Lily sized chair or something.
She was so sweet because as soon as we left the driveway she started laughing. I can only assume that she was enjoying the wind in her face.

Yes, I took this picture from my cell phone while driving, isn't that terrible of me? I'm still concerned about what to do when it rains. The air system has been completely dismantled in that car so the defrost doesn't work either. So, when it rains if you roll the windows up, the Heat isn't the only concern. The windows fog up and there is no way to de-fog them. So, we have to be hot AND wet! I can't wait to get another car!!

1 comment:

becky said...

Yeah Lily, she's turning into a big girl now....it goes by so dang fast!!

Do you think one of the car fans would help? I think they have them...you could point it at the windshield to help with the steamy fog and keep air moving inside the car? Just a thought....