Monday, October 29, 2007

Do people REALLY make this kind of money?

I got an email today that just makes me wonder. Really? Is she serious? and ...you have got to be kidding me!

It came in through my website's user form so it had to have been a real person and not a computer generated spam. I copied it here: (and blocked out her email address but not her name because it is posted all over her site anyway)



name = Kelly Neumane

mail = XXXXXXX

comments = I run a blog site fashion and celebrity that is ranked high www.jakeldaily.com. Every week I will talk about one of your items linking it to your site and the advertisement to draw more traffic and more purchases, but not on text link ads.

300 x 75 (minimum flash) $150

300 x 250 (minimum flash) $250

Top Border $350

150 x 7 Link AdPods (left side bar) $125 150 x 200

Blog Ads (left side bar) $120

Text links $50.00

All prices are per month if you wish to advertise I could give you a discount price. Also 12 month text link at $360.00 If you are interested pleasse reply to this email.

Contact within 24hours and recieve a 25% discount.



Sure, I have ads on my blog, and I make a teeny tiny bit off them. (Well, honestly...it is WAY more than I expected, but still not enough to pay for my internet connection) This chick has got to be insane! Well, no, I take that back, She has got to be brilliant if people are really paying these prices! Did you look at her blog? It is garbage. Just posting a photo or two of the latest "super star" idiots that we see too much of in the press anyway. Then maybe a comment or two on their clothes or hair. PUKE.

If she is really making this kind of money from every add she has on her blog...I am doing something WAY wrong!

2 comments:

Kelly Neuman said...

Thanks for the post about my website. It may not be to your taste but yes I do make all that money.

If you do need blog site tips for optimization and making money go to the sitepro section.

Takes a lot more than just the article posting you've mentioned to become a successful blogger.

Kelly

becky said...

Actually, I do believe she could make that sort of money doing adds on her site. A couple of weeks ago, I saw on the news about a girl who is 17 that is a multi-millionare from posting adds on her Myspace....guess it's something for all of to think about, huh!!!