Sunday, September 03, 2006

Exercise


I have been running and running and running, and it seems like I am actually getting fatter! I can't get this weight off me fast enough. My friend Jaz who recently had a baby too bravely posted a picture of herself in the "fourth trimester" so she inspired me to do the same. This picture was taken exacly 7 weeks after birth and I look like I am 7 months pregnant! I keep trying on my fat pants hoping that one day I can fit in them again. It is just so depressing. And I know people are trying to be supportive by saying "you look great for just having a baby" but I am very aware that they are lying to make me feel good but it doesn't help. I don't think there is a right thing to say, so I think it is best when people just don't say anything at all. Sorry.....had to bitch for a second. I usually run when I feel this way, but it is nasty stormy rain right now and I can't take Lily out in this weather.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I know how you feel...I still look 3 months pregnant and Deo is 9 months old. It is SO HARD getting rid of the stomach. The rest of my body has gone back to normal, i just have a gut. Im starting to feel a little sexier now, some days, in some outfits.
We had some hot little bodies...now we have cute little babies.
And its weird, I feel like having a child has made me look like 10 years older. Some days I look in the mirror and I look like my mom. Scary.
Hang in there, it takes a good 6 months to see any improvement. Our bodies went through some serious stuff.