Wednesday, May 02, 2007

smarts

Saturday night Tonya and I went to BeerFest in Ft. Lauderdale and I won a sweatband. Lily loves it.


I think she needs a brother or sister to play with because she is spending too much time with the dog. She growls, snarles and carrys things around in her mouth.



There are two steps in our house, one from the dining room to the play room and another in my studio. The one to the studio is easy because I just keep the door shut. Unfortunately tonight Lily finally figured out that she can get through the dog door the same way as Zelda!
The other one is always a major worry for me and I keep trying to teach Lily to turn around and scoot backwards. I can't get the backward thing through to her, but she does realize that she can't make it down forwards without hurting herself. This morning I was watching to see what she was going to do and she sat like this for about 10 minutes. She must be smart because she was spending all that time contemplating how she was going to make it down and then she scooted over and used the chair to hold on to while she stepped down.



Now that Lily has figured out how to walk around holding onto her scoot thing that Daddy bought her she is discovering that she can get around using all sorts of things. She scoots the dining room chairs, her high chair, laundry baskets and the vacuum. If you let her she will re-arrange the whole house.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Thats so funny about the dog! It does make sense though...
Maybe that is why she makes that hilarious face, she learned it from Zelda!