Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Carlsberg Beer


I'm not really sure what Lily is doing here, but it was funny none the less.

Ross started his new job this week. He is the South Florida rep for Carlsberg Beer. I didn't write about it before because I didn't want to jinx things and have things not work out like they did with the Gold Coast job. He is officially hired but as an "independent contractor" through the end of the year. This means that he won't get benefits until January. Once January comes around he will have full health insurance and a 401k that the company pays into. YAY!


He will work from home and they are supplying him with a computer. There will be some traveling involved because his area is from Key West to West Palm. The company has less than 20 employees in the US so it is a very big deal that he landed this job.


Carlsberg is from Denmark and has only been in the US since 2003. From what I understand it is huge in Europe.





awww man! I just totally had a "I'm now a real mom" moment. I took a break from typing and went to use the bathroom. As I am peeing I realize that the stream hitting the water in the toilet sounds a little different. Sure enough, there was something in the toilet besides just water. Lily had thrown a small giraffe and a Tupperware bowl in the toilet! I threw them both away.





anyway, back to Carlsberg. They sponsor the Liverpool football (soccer as we know it) team and Ross has already been given a jersey. I think that this job is going to work out well for him. It is alot to learn and a huge responsibility because he is primarily on his own. But Ross is such a hard worker and detail oriented that I am sure he will succeed at this. And, since this Beer is distributed through Gold Coast, he will still be working with them, just not for them.





He is still in Orlando doing his training, but when he gets home tonight I can give the full report.

3 comments:

becky said...

Congrats to Ross!! I love John, but couldn't stand to have him home all the time...Lily is such a sweetie pie...sooo adorable!!

Kelli said...

Yeah I think one reason why Ilich and get along so well is that we hardly see eachother! But you guys will work it out.
I bought a I <3 Ebay shirt at Urban outfitters today! Isn't that funny? Its gray with pink lettering. I think you need one too.

Jazz said...

Yay - Congrats to Ross. Carlsberg is HUGE in the UK. I drink it all the time :)

Bet you will be so glad to have health insurance!