Monday, June 18, 2007

What Lily does when left alone




The other day I left Lily in her room alone just to see what would happen. I would peek around the corner every minute or so and she was so sweet. She climbed up on the futon and kicked back with her book, then tried out her new carseat that she will get to start using next month when she is one. Then she tried to check out the night light so alone time ended right away.
She is so funny now because she is imitating us more and more. She "brushes" her mouth after she sees me brush my teeth, she types on the computer if I let her in my lap, she points the remote at the TV and puts my sunglasses on her head.
She is also a pro at walking. I can walk in front of her and go from room to room and she will follow me. Even all the way outside. She stops at the sliding glass door and squats down to get over the threshold then walks to the door of the screen porch and hold on to the frame to step down into the yard. It is so sweet.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

Oh my goodness - She is so independent. Ana would have a FIT if I left her alone in a room :(

becky said...

I've always loved watching Rylee when she didn't know I as watching her....isn't being a Mom FUN!!