Saturday, June 23, 2007

One more thing that is wrong with the world


My neighbors have a pool (yes, I'm jealous) and they have five kids. Unlike the folks who lived there before them, they use this pool quite often. Our houses are so close together that I can hear them playing in the pool from any room in my house. Every time I hear their squeals and splashing it does two things to me. One, it makes me wish we had a pool, and two, it makes me smile thinking about how much fun those kids are having.
I read a snipet about a New Jersey couple who took their neighbor to court because they were claiming that their neighbor's 3 and 5 year old daughters were in violation of the neighborhood noise ordinace for the noise they made while swimming in their backyard pool.
Thankfully the judge threw it out.
If I were in charge of the world I would have come up with something to punish the idiots who wasted their time, the neighbor's time and the court's time bringing such a frivilous suit to court. This is another thing that is wrong with this world.
I am so happy that I am not a miserable soul that gets angry when they hear the joyous squeals of little girls in a pool!

No comments: