Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Last nights tropical storm


Last night we were supposed to be hit by Tropical Storm Ernesto. Or maybe we were hit by T.S. Ernesto, I don't know if it actually hit us or not, but either way....it wasn't very strong. I think the thunder storm we had last week was stronger! Brandi came over to ride out the storm here and we were all closed up in the house just in case. Lily went to sleep around eleven and Brandi and I stayed up and watched movies. When I went to bed after 2AM, I was dreading the lack of sleep I had just set mysef up for, but much to my suprise.....Lily slept almost through the night. She woke up around 6:30AM, I changed her, and fed her then she went straight back to sleep. It was a miracle. She finished her bottle, burped and then fell instantly sound asleep. I went back to bed expecting to be up again in about two hours. I woke up at 10:45AM wondering if Brandi or Ross had gotten Lily because surely she wasn't still asleep. I checked on her and SHE REALLY WAS STILL SLEEPING!!! I took a shower and then checked on her again. She was now awake but not crying or anything. Just laying there in her bed all bright eyed and cute. I said "good morning sunshine" and she looked right at me and smiled the biggest smile! I love being a mom!

No comments: