Sunday, February 25, 2007

Anna Nichole Smith

I am so disgusted by the media these days. I would completely expect to hear about Anna Nichole Smith's rotting body or her daughters paternity questions if I were watching E! or Entertainment tonight or those such shows, but when I turn on the regular nightly news, MSNBC, Fox News, it doesn't matter the source, all they are reporting these days is Anna Nichole and Brittany's new haircut!
Last night Ross and I were tuned in trying to find out about the police officers that were arrested here for racketeering by a two year long FBI investigation and after fifteen minutes of Anna Nichole drama they spend less than 30 seconds on the story about the cops. Our local nightly news! One of the officers is one of Ross's golf partners so he was really concerned and interested in the story, but nothing. Our local station had live streaming coverage of the courtroom while they decided the fate of Anna Nichole's body while real news and important events were pushed to the back-burner.
I am so happy that I have a DVR so I can only watch the shows that I taped and fast-forward through the commercials and soundbite updates of this circus. And I LOVE that NPR broadcasts their shows in podcasts so I can listen at the gym.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

I agree, it's pathetic! I was gonna ask how much coverage you were getting there since she died in your hometown. I have to say that CNN disappoints me the most. I always thought they were 'real news' similar to the BBC. Guess I was wrong!

Are you coming to Tally??

Shelley said...

I live less than 2 miles from the Hard Rock where she died and I live only blocks away from the hospital (same one Lily was born in!) I had a hard time getting home that day past all the damn news trucks.
Tally...don't know yet, I'll let you know.