Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Lily and her best friend Zelda

We always knew that they would become the best of friends, but I am very suprised at how early Lily and Zelda started playing together. Zelda has been great with Lily right from the start although she does get jealous sometimes. For awhile now I have been able to entertain them both at the same time by holding Lily on my lap and throwing the ball to Zelda. Lily loves to watch Zelda, altough Zelda is a little quick for her to keep up with sometimes. Recently, ever since Lily has gotten so good at sitting on her own Zelda has begun to bring her ball to her. Usually Zelda brings us her ball and wants to play tug of war for a little bit and then we throw it for her to fetch. Well, it has been really sweet to watch Zelda bring Lily the ball. For the longest I have been just taking it away from her because I don't want it in her mouth, but the other day I just let it go to see what would happen. Lily picked up the ball and held it over her head looking like she was going to throw it. I cracked up. She never did throw the ball but it made Zelda believe that she was going to and that was enough to entertain Lily and I. I should teach Zelda to fetch the sippy cup because that is the only thing that Lily seems to throw.
In the mornings when I do my web work and sewing Lily hangs out with me in her bouncy chair. Zelda gets up on the chair with her sometimes to play. She is so gentle with her that I don't even worry about it.

No comments: