Sunday, February 25, 2007

First real puke

Tonight Lily threw up for the first time. It was so gross! She spits up all the time, or well, at least she used to, now she only does it about once every couple of days. Tonight she woke up screaming after being asleep for about an hour. I was walking around trying to get her back to sleep when all of the sudden I heard this big splat. I looked over my shoulder to see what it was and before I could even look Lily had puked all over me. I was drenched in vomit. It started on my chin and all down the front of my top, inside my top, in my hair and on my feet. By that time I figured out what the splat was the moment before. Then, one more good vomit but this time on herself. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to even begin to clean this up and Lily was still screaming. I ran into my room and laid her down on my bed (dumb move, now I am having to strip the duvet cover) and took off her pajamas. She stopped screaming for a second and then I realized that I was dripping vomit all over the place and couldn't figure out how to get my shirt off without getting even more puke on my face. By the time I got my shirt off Lily was screaming again so I just had to twist my hair up into a bun, puke and all. I was hoping that she would quiet down and go back to sleep now that everything had come up, but no luck. After 2 1/2 hours of her screaming while I walked around the house trying to soothe her she finally gave up and passed out. I have been processing shipments for about half an hour and she is crying in her sleep every few minutes so I don't think I am going to get any sleep tonight. :(
I hope that I don't have to take her to the hospital tonight because Ross took the jeep and I don't have a car seat so I would have to walk there! errrrrrr

1 comment:

Kelli said...

poor lily...I had a first real puke like a month and a half ago too, I took him to the hospital because his temp was like 103.7 and he puked all over me while I was signing in. I felt so bad for him, isn't it so terrible when they are sick and there is nothing you can do...I hope she feels better!