Saturday, February 10, 2007

Great day gone bad

Today was the nicest day! Last night I was exhausted and Ross was going out to celebrate Jaime's birthday so I got in bed at 8:30 when Lily went to sleep. She woke up twice in the night screaming but went right back to sleep both times. This morning I woke up on my own at 8:30AM and freaked out because Lily NEVER sleeps that late. I ran and checked on her and she was breathing so I went and took a shower. I NEVER get to take a shower first thing in the morning! By the time I got out Lily was awake and talking to herself, doing her normal morning thing. It is amazing how nice it is to have gotten so much sleep!
Then, as I was feeding Lily I checked my emails and got great news! Well, half good news anyway. Marje is coming to visit on the first and staying for a month. It is still questionable wether or not Tony gets to come, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. So, this means that Ross and I get to take a vacation!
After we packed up some clothes to be sent out and did some sewing, Lily went BACK TO SLEEP!! She napped from about 10:30 until Noon.
After her nap we went to the gym. This is the first time I took Lily and she was an Angel. She took to the girl there right off the bat and when I came back to get her she was playing on the floor with a toy and hadn't even noticed I was gone. It felt so nice to work out again. My arms are going to be sore tomorrow and my abs already are, but I love that feeling so I am so happy.
After the gym we went shopping and then came home for another nap.
Everything today was great all the way until Lily went to sleep and I checked my messages.
I don't know what to do about this situation but I am really very very concerned about the idiot that Brandi is dating. She is completely "in love" an is completely blind to the fact that there is a neon sign hanging over him screaming "ABUSIVE". She is showing signs of being in an abusive relationship and has been making excuses for him for months now. Tonight her roomate called me telling me that she is moving out because she is afraid of Brandi's man and that Brandi keeps letting him come over even after she begged her not to. Now, doesn't that say something? Someone is so afraid of your boyfriend that they will move out of the house! Brandi's phone has been off for weeks and I have no way of getting in touch with her either. I don't want to go over to her house because honestly I am afraid of this guy too and I don't want Lily anywhere near him. ohhhh and that brings up another thing! A couple of weeks ago Brandi babysat for me so I could go to the Live concert. I had her drop me and my girlfriend off at the venue because we knew we were going to do some drinking and then we took a cab home. Brandi tells me the next morning that her boyfriend had gotten released from jail that night and so she put Lily in the car and drove to the jail to pick him up! I cannot express how angry that makes me. I have very strong convictions about criminals and would have NEVER taken Lily to the jail to pick up anyone. Not even if it were Ross in jail! And the thing is, Brandi doesn't even see the problem. She thinks that it was a perfectly normal thing to do. He went to jail for killing someone!! We aren't talking a minor offense! Can you understand my fear? I am also in a bind because she is my only source for a babysitter and now I can't trust her to watch Lily, not even in my own house!
Am I a completely horrible person for posting this up on the internet? I grappled with wether or not to post this, but I figured I would in hope that someone might be able to help.

No comments: